Sanrio and Sephora decided to take over the month of January to launch Hello Kitty Beauty! Guess what that means!? Tons of posts from me — I just hope I can keep up with the news since there is *SO MUCH* going on! @___@
Official press release time!
Sanrio Inc. is pleased to announce an agreement with leading specialty beauty retailer Sephora for the launch of Hello Kitty Beauty, presented exclusively at Sephora. This collaboration between Sephora and Sanrio has resulted in a special collection developed for the generations of devoted Hello Kitty fans, as well as beauty enthusiasts worldwide. The agreement is effective immediately; with product in Sephora stores in late January 2011.
“The Hello Kitty Beauty collection captures the true essence of Hello Kitty in a classic, fun and sophisticated way,” said Janet Hsu, President of Sanrio, Inc. “Developed collaboratively with Sephora, Hello Kitty Beauty combines iconic designs, collectible accessories and original formulas inspired by Hello Kitty. The new line is the ultimate collection for Hello Kitty fans and beauty insiders alike.”
Hello Kitty Beauty, presented exclusively at Sephora, was developed utilizing luxurious formulas specifically created for this collection. The result is a prestige-quality offering that provides beautiful color and textures, infused with the whimsy of Hello Kitty. The must-have offering has palettes for lips, eyes and face, as well as nail lacquers, fragrance and an accessory collection including brushes, compacts and clutches, among other items. Hello Kitty Beauty will launch in Sephora stores in late January – with celebratory launch events and in-store promotions, windows and displays scheduled for March. The retail range of the collection is $5 for the Nail Stickers to $35 for the ‘Say Hello’ Palette, which consists of four lip and four eye shades. The offering also includes a limited edition Swarovski crystal encrusted hand mirror and a molded Hello Kitty body-shaped case with brush set; only 100 of each item will be produced, with retail prices of $350.00 and $495.00, respectively.
“At Sephora, we are relentless in our search for innovative and unexpected product offerings to redefine the beauty landscape,” says Michael McGeever, Senior Vice President of Sephora Originals. “Hello Kitty Beauty, presented exclusively at Sephora, does exactly that. It reflects the iconic and covetable spirit of the brand in a unique and decidedly grown up way. We have no doubt the exclusive collection will be coveted by generations of fans.”
In celebration of the launch of Hello Kitty Beauty, the partners have collaborated with eBay to host an auction for fans to bid on trips to collection launch events that will take place in New York, Los Angeles and Honolulu, throughout 2011. Top bidders will receive a platinum ticket good for airfare, hotel and exclusive entry to the event(s), where Ms. Yuko Yamaguchi, Hello Kitty designer from Sanrio Tokyo, will be signing Hello Kitty Beauty merchandise. The auction is live from January 17 – January 27; the first event will be in New York City at the end of March. For information on the auction, email updates and to bid on your favorite items, visit www.ebay.com/sephorahellokitty. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Starlight Children’s Foundation.
I *NEED* this Hello Kitty compact and I’m pretty sure I will get at least one for myself! =n_n=
Waaaa!!! This is the über limited edition Swarovski crystal encrusted molded Hello Kitty body-shaped case with brush set; only 100 will be produced — with a retail price of $495.00 USD… I might have to make PB&J for a while… Kitty-chan is so beautiful when she sparkles like this! Don’t you agree!? n_~
*Kitty Mama* Yuko Yamaguchi will be at the events in New York, Los Angeles and Honolulu (throughout this year)! Earlier I stated Sanrio and Sephora plan to take over January — but if you read through the press release, they are actually planning to take over 2011! n___n
Here is a Hello Kitty Beauty model look. What is not to adore about the styling!? The look is really feminine, sweet and kawaii! A purrr-fect way to start off the new year!
I have another official release to share with my fellow Junkies! This one includes the Hello Kitty Beauty product line-up along with the pricing:
Hello Kitty is a global icon adored by millions of women of all ages around the world. Sweet, charming, whimsical and endearing, Hello Kitty has personified happiness and delight for the last 35 years. In January 2011, Hello Kitty is bringing her playful spirit to a chic new beauty line presented exclusively at Sephora: Hello Kitty Beauty. Decidedly grown up, artistic, stylish, and with a sophisticated flair, Hello Kitty Beauty combines coveted designs with luxurious formulas and iconic accessories and tools, making it the ultimate must-have beauty collection for Hello Kitty collectors and beauty enthusiasts alike. Hello Kitty. Hello Pretty.
Hello Kitty Beauty’s prestige-quality makeup formulas provide excellent color payoff and velvety textures for blending, layering and easy application for the woman on the go. And each are infused with Hello Kitty’s signature ingredients – Apple, Strawberry and Grapeseed Extract – for a collection that is fresh, sophisticated and fun. While custom accessories and tools feature luxe touches that are completely covetable.
The extensive Hello Kitty Beauty collection at Sephora includes:
Hello Kitty Beauty for Lips:
- Sweet Gloss ($16) – This sheer, moisturizing lipgloss comes in an easy-to-apply lipstick bullet shape for a sheer, natural wash of color. The ultra-hydrating formula contains Strawberry, Apple and Grapeseed extracts rich in antioxidants, as well as Sunflower, Meadow Foam Seed and Jojoba oils and Shea Butter for a creamy, comfortable feel. Available in nine shades.
- Apple Balm ($9) – This rich, glossy, long-lasting balm hydrates lips with a unique blend of oils and wax and protects with anti-oxidant rich Strawberry, Apple and Grapeseed extracts. The lip’s natural moisture barrier is protected and maintains consistent hydration levels while high-quality pigments provide a lipstick-like intensity without feeling sticky or heavy. Available in a perfect rosy shade housed in an apple-shaped pot.
- Big Smile Gloss ($16) – The innovative click-stick applicator seamlessly applies super shiny gloss for a perfect pout. Strawberry, Apple and Grapeseed extracts combined with Glycerin, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax and rich oils provide superior, long-lasting hydration and protection. Available in nine glossy shades.
Hello Kitty Beauty for Eyes:
- Pen Pal Eyeliner ($16) – This ultra-precise, one stroke marker tip liquid eyeliner features a new pure- pigment formula that allows for extreme wear with no stain effect. Color dries quickly and lasts all day without smudging, yet removes easily with soap and water or makeup remover. Available in four rich shades.
- Charmmy Kohl Eyeliner Kit ($28) – Seven richly pigmented kohl liners allow you to play with the boundaries of color with one chic little set. Create deeply exaggerated color intensity in one stroke with this soft, velvety formulation featuring Strawberry, Apple and Grapeseed extracts. A unique crystalline base creates an amazing balance between creaminess and structure.
- Charmmy Shadow Stick ($16) – Apply and Go! This shadow stick pen lights up eyes with long-lasting color and shine. Smooth and non-oily, these sticks have a texture that melts into lids, creating an ultra-thin deposit of color that won’t smear of fade. Available in fourteen shades.
- Glittercute Eyeliner ($14) – Line or color the entire eye in just a few strokes with this chubby stick and deposit intense color with just a wink of sparkle. This special formula is long-lasting to ensure your glitter stays cute without flaking or smudging. Available in eight glittery shades.
Hello Kitty Beauty for Face
- Apple Cheeks ($22) – This beautiful array of four creamy blush sticks and an illuminator add a sheer kiss of color. Natural, silky color glides on quickly and can be layered for added intensity while adding hydration to your skin.
- Say Hello Palette ($35 each) – The ultimate tiered palette with four lip and four eye shades and a mirror to mix and match for a variety of sophisticated and sweet looks. Shaped like the iconic Hello Kitty, these palettes are a must-have for fans everywhere. Available in two shade combinations: Happy Fun (taupes, greens and pinks) and Super Fun (grays, purples and pinks).
Hello Kitty Beauty for Nails
- Liquid Nail Art ($10) – Be pretty down to your toes with this collection of high-quality nail lacquers in a Hello Kitty-shaped bottle topped off with a bow. Available in a top coat and seven sweet pastel shades, each offers a high-shine, chip-resistant finish UV protection for long-wear and color purity.
- Nail Stickers ($5) – Available in four Hello Kitty patterns, these easy-to-apply accessories let you make a sophisticated yet sweet statement with your manicure or pedicure.
Hello Kitty Accessories:
- Brush Set with Holder ($49) – This collection of five professional quality, portable makeup brushes come housed in an iconic, silver Hello Kitty holder.
- Handheld Mirror ($35) – “Hello Pretty!” This custom-made, oversized Hello Kitty mirror is a sophisticated addition to any vanity.
- Compact Mirror ($20) – This compact mirror in the iconic Hello Kitty shape, features 1x magnification on one side and 3x magnification on the other.
- Bling Compact Mirror ($49) – Custom made in the iconic Hello Kitty shape, this crystallized compact mirror features 1x magnification.
- · Bag Collection ($20-25) – Two portable, silver Hello Kitty clutches available in Bowtique Clutch and I Heart Kitty Clutch.
- Blotting Papers ($12) – 100 sheets per package, they instantly-and discretely-reduce shine and absorb excess oil.
- Shower Cap ($16) – Let Hello Kitty keep your hair dry in style with this pink shower cap stamped with Hello Kitty and her bows. It comes packaged in a sweet envelope for perfect portability.
Hello Kitty Fragrance:
An enchanting and uplifting fragrance containing fruit, flowers, spice…and everything nice! The top note contains juicy Cassis Sorbet, Italian Mandarin and Apple which leads to a heart of Magnolia Blossom, Freesia and Orange Flower. The bottom note is a spicy mix of Tonka Bean, Vanilla and Musk, capturing Hello Kitty’s unexpected surprises.
- 50ml Eau De Perfume ($55) – Spritz to your heart’s content with this iconic Hello Kitty bottle and ultra-feminine pouf sprayer
- Rollergirl Eau De Perfume ($18) – Portable and playful, this small roller ball bottle goes anywhere and features a charming silver Hello Kitty head top
- Solid Perfume Necklace ($39) – The ultimate Kitty accessory, the Solid Perfume Necklace goes anywhere and always looks chic.
- Splash – Eau De Toilette ($35) – A fun way to apply Hello Kitty Fragrance. Just splash this alcohol-free elixir all over for long-lasting scent.
- Lotion For Me ($18) – Rich and creamy, this silky lotion hydrates all over and leaves a subtle scent.
- Shower Time ($18) – Get refreshed and sparkling clean with its voluminous lather and crisp scent
I wanna be a billionaire so freakin’ bad! I wonder if Oprah can loan me some $$$$$? n__n After *drooling* over the beauty shots from the Sephora Private Beauty Insider Event a couple of weeks ago AND seeing the full product list above, I came up with my top 5 *NEEDS*:
- 50ml Eau De Perfume ($55) I am in love with the bottle… You must understand!
- Compact Mirror ($20) This is a *MUST-HAVE* because it’s one of those staple Hello Kitty items all collectors adore (and the price is not bad in comparison to what’s listed on my #5 slot).
- Apple Cheeks ($22) I fell in love with this when I tried it on during the Small Gift LA event!
- Handheld Mirror ($35) Please don’t judge me for putting two mirrors on my top 5 list! I am really not THAT vain! I just can’t get enough of Hello Kitty shaped pretty things! n___n
- Limited edition (100) Swarovski crystal encrusted molded Hello Kitty body-shaped case with brush set ($495.00) I don’t *NEED* this but my heart would be smiling *FOR-EV-ER*!
Do you like my list? I have a feeling I may change my mind when I step inside a Sephora in a couple of weeks (the list might grow into a top 20 *NEEDS*)… What are your top 5 faves?
One more thing: my friend Angela got her hands on some merch during the Sephora Private Beauty Insider Event and her photos are *amazing*… It makes me want everything she got! Oh, the Junkies‘ *peer pressure!* Take a look at her Hello Kitty Beauty stash here.
And keep checking back for more info! n_~